News from DAPA
- Time is closing in on the North Dakota Asphalt Conference April 1 & 2, 2013,
at the Ramada in Bismarck.
Conference information, agenda and registration
- Next week the 52nd Annual South Dakota Asphalt Conference will be held a the
Ramkota in Pierre on April 3rd and 4th.
Information regarding agenda, registration and venue
- The TLN (Transportation Learning Network), NDDOT, SDDOT and DAPA are sponsoring some upcoming training opportunities in conjunction with the Asphalt Conferences in ND and SD the week of April 1st. You can attend the live sessions or participate remotely at participating locations. The second session is being offered via webinar. The workshops will be presented by T.J. Young (Visit Website) an asphalt mix production consultant. The first session is Best Management Practices for Production of Asphalt Mixtures. This event will be broadcast from Bismarck, ND on April 3, 2013.
Information on this workshop and registration
- The second workshop will be a webinar exploring Best Management Practices for Producing Asphalt Mixtures with Warm Mix Asphalt (WMA) and Reclaimed Asphalt Pavement (RAP).
Information on this webinar
- DAPA Membership elected three new members to the Board of Directors to supplement the three carryover Board Members for 2013 at the Annual Meeting in Deadwood, Jan. 3-4, 2013. That Board is as follows: Charles Siver, Bowes Construction, Brookings, SD (President and current SD Producer/Contractor representative); Bill Bajari, Bituminous Paving, Ortonville, MN (Sec./Treas. and current SD Producer/...Contractor representative); Bruce Thompson, Northern Improvements Company, Bismarck, ND (VP and elected as new ND Producer/Contractor representative); Tim Visger, Anderson Western, Bismarck, ND (elected to fill remaining term of ND Producer/Contractor representative); Brent Banach, Calumet Specialty Products, Superior, WI (elected as new Major Refiner representative; and Chad Johnson, Concrete Materials, Sioux Falls, SD (to fill remaining year of term for Supporting Associate representative). A big thank you to Korey Bender, Border States Paving, Fargo, ND; Ryan Lynch, Flint Hills Resources, Fargo, ND and Steve Wald, Material Testing Services, Minot, ND for their service as they exit representing you on the DAPA Board of Directors.
2013 DAPA 17th Annual Meeting - January 3-4